City Council Meeting for Monday, February 3rd, at 5:30PM
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
5:30 P.M., Monday, February 3, 2020
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Minutes of the Tuesday, January 21, 2020 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
l. Adopt Resolution No. -20, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Approve 2020 license renewals- as presented
- Authorize signatures on Certificate of Support for City of Littlefork application to the USDA
- Approve travel and training expenses for Firefighter to attend the Fire Officer and Training Officer School from February 7-9, 2020, in Alexandria, MN
Resolution No. -20 approving Commercial Loan of $24,999 for MWJP Enterprises, LTD dba The
Nomad as submitted through Border State Bank, Sue Natysin, Vice President (Council action)
Resolution No. -20 approving the Issuance of Health Care Facilities Refunding Revenue Bonds by the Duluth Economic Development Authority to Refinance a Project located in International Falls (Council action)
Resolution No. -20 Approving 2020 Wage for Spare Firefighter Engineers (Council action)
Resolution No. -20 approving application and permit for a 1 Dayto 4 Day Temporary On-Sale License for Rotary Club of International Falls for March 13-15, 2020 (Council action)
Approve 2020 licenses for Miner's Inc. dba Super One- cigarette, restaurant, and 3.2 off-sale effective February 1, 2020 (Council action)
Approve 2020 licenses for Howards Cenex LLC (formerly the Fishennan)- cigarette, restaurant, and gasoline pumps (Council action)
Confirm Mayor's appointment to the Northeast Minnesota Emergency Communications Board (ECB) (Council action)
Confirm Mayor's appointment to the Northeast Minnesota Emergency Communications Board (ECB) 2020 Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) (Council action)
Approve hiring Keanna Carlson, EMT-B for the International Falls Ambulance Service- Fire/EMS Director, Adam Mannausau (Council action)
Resolution No. -20, Approving Salary Change for Interim Public Works Director (Council action)
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS coMMITTEEs AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
- Convention and Visitors' Bureau meeting minutes, Directors Report and financial information — December 16, 2019
- Airport Commission Minutes - December 30, 2019
- Minnesota Department of Health 2019 4th Quarter Report - January 8, 2020
- Offices closed for Presidents Day, Monday, February 17, 2020
- **Next regular City Council meeting is Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 5:30 P.M.
* *Note, date changed due to Presidents Day holiday
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.