City Council Meeting for Monday, November 18th, 2019
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, November 18, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (onlv unanimous consent),
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minute of the Monday, November 4, 2019 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of (he Monday, November 4, 2019 Committee-of-the-Whoie meeting (Council action)
3, Minutes of the Tuesday, November J 2, 2019 Committee-or-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. _-199 Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Councii on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your to five minutes.')
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
I . Remove from the table — Senior Center quotes for two furnace/air conditioner units (Council action)
- Consider quotes received for Senior Center heating and air conditioning and award work to company with lowest responsible quote, payable from Gen. Govt. Bldgs., Fund 402, Capital Outlay (Council action)
- Consider addendum to Lease Agreement between (he Senior Center and City of Internut.ional Fails (Council action)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council TO take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote or chose present, Any individual Council member may remove an item from
Consent[ Agenda discussion on the regular agenda (Council action)
Approve license as presented o Approve [ravel expenses for City Administrator to attend the 2019 Baker Tilly Symposium on bonds, utility finance, and affordable housing, November 2 J, 2()V9, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN Approve Resolution No. -19, Public Employees Retirement Association Firelighter Engineer Dcclarati01J IOT Daniel M. P. Sweeney
- Request approval of Year 2020 license renewals that may include tobacco and/or liquor applications; as presented (Council action)
- Approve December 2019 license for Orton Motor Inc. dba Orton's International Falls Cenex (formerly Randy's Tire and Auto Repair) — cigarette license and gasoline pumps license (Council action)
- Approve 2020 license for Orton Motor Inc. dba Orton's International Falls Cenex (formerly Randy's
- Tire and Auto Repair) — cigarette license and gasoline pumps license (Council action)
- Approve 2020 annual renewal of group Dental Insurance #023772 with Ameritas Life Insurance Corporation (Council action)
- Approve Resolution No. -19 Authorization to Execute Minnesota Department of Transportation Grant Agreement #1035759 for Airport Improvements Excluding Land Acquisition (Council action)
- Approve purchase from Stryker of 4G modems (4) in the amount of $2,892 to update Physio Monitors in Ambulances, payable from Ambulance Fund 201 , Automation (Council action)
- Consent to Mayor's recommended appointments to the "Charter Commission of the City of International Falls, MN" for submittal to the Chief Judge for approval (Council action)
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
I. Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Police Monthly Report, October 2019 (Council information)
- Fire/Rescue/EMS Monthly Report, October 2019 (Council information)
2. Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
- October 29, 2019 — MN Department of Health Quarterly Report — TOC/AlkaIinity Monitoring for the Control of Disinfection Byproduct (DBP) Precursors, International Falls, Koochiching County, PWSID 136002
- November 14, 2019 — Participation letter to ARDC for the Brownfield Assessment Coalition application e International Falls Public Library Board of Trustees meeting packet from November 13, 2019
I. Special City Council meeting on variance is Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 6:30 P.M.
- Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, December 2, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
- Public Input meeting on 2020 Budget and Levy is Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
- Planning Commission Public Hearing on Comprehensive Plan is Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6:30
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members ofthe City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.