City Council Meeting for Monday, October 21st, 2019.
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, October 21, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG CALL TO ORDER ROLL CALL
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- I. Minutes of the Monday, October 7, 2019 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Thursday, October 10, 2019 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, October 14, 2019 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Tuesday, October 1 5, 2019 special City Council meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
I. Adopt Resolution No. -19, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
I. Second and final reading of Ordinance No. _, 5th Series, Amending the Code of Ordinances, Chapter I I , to Amend the Official Zoning Map within the First Addition to International Falls Business Park from P-l, Public to M-IB, Manufacturing, and C-IA, Commercial (Council action)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Approve travel and training expenses for the Office Clerk, Building Official and City Administrator to attend continuing education at the 64th Annual Institute for Building Officials on various dates from January 8-23, 2020, in Brooklyn Center, MN
- Approve 2020 license renewals, as presented
Consider road closure request for Christmas parade (start 6:00 p.m.), use of Smokey Bear Park, and fireworks on Friday, November 29, 2019, Andrea Pastor (Council action)
Appoint Mayor Pro Tem (Council action)
Consider Mayor appointments to various internal committees (Council action)
Request approval of Year 2019 license and Year 2020 license renewals that may include tobacco and/or liquor applications, as presented (Council action)
Consider Five-year Capital Ilnprovelnent Plan and priorities for public infrastructure projects prepared by WSN (Council action)
Authorize submittal of letter of intent by October 3 1, 201_9 to ARDC to participate in the Federal FY 2024 Transportation Alternatives (TA) Program (Council action)
Discuss pursuing USDA Community Facility Disaster Grant Funding from the Disaster Relief Act of 2019 for up to $50,000 tor equipment acquisition (Council action)
Discuss öpiod manufacturers elass-äction lawsuit, Steve Shermoen (Council information]action)
Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS coMMITTEEs AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
1. Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
a. Building Official/Zoning Administrator/Safety Coordinator 2019 Third Quarter Report
2. Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
- International Falls Public Library Board of Trustees meeting packet from October 9, 2019
- MIDCO letter of October 9, 2019 — New FCC Franchising Order DA 19-831
1. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, November 4, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
Note: Matters: inappropriate for Considerationatthe meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) With the unaninjous eonsent ofthe members of the City Council, or 2) schedü]edpubliv hearings or bid lettings. butnot before the time stated in the notice.
The City' of International Falk complies with the AtneriCans with Disability Act. Individuals M•ith disabilitiesrequiring special aids should contact the City AdrhinistratOr, 600 Fourth Street. International Falk, MN, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.