City Council Meeting for Monday, September 16th, 2019
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, September 16, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only bv unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the Tuesday, September 3, 2019 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, September 9, 2019 special City Council meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
l. Adopt Resolution No. -19, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
PUBLIC HEARING OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Approve travel and training expenses for Fire Chief and Captain to attend the Fire Instructor 1 and Fire Officer 1 at Camp Ripley on various dates from October through December 2019.
- Resolution No. -19 approving application for exempt permit for the MN Deer Hunters Association, Trails End Chapter to conduct a raffle with the drawing to be held October 10, 2019 at the Elks Lodge (Council action)
- Accept letter of resignation from Patrol Officer Jill Elsberry effective August 30, 2019 and appointment of Patrol Officer Michael Bounds to full-time status effective September 1, 2019 (Council action)
- Approve FBI Headwaters Safe Trails Task Force Memorandum of Understanding on behalf of the
International Falls Police Dept. and authorize signatures, Chief Mastin (Council action)
- Accept letter of resignation from EMTs Andy and Lindsi Barnhart effective September 29, 2019 (Council action)
- Approve agreement between the Minnesota Department of Revenue and the City of International Falls for collection of a local Sales and Use Tax and authorize Finance Officer, Deputy City Administrator and City Administrator access to State tax information.
- Set Public Information Meeting prior to City Council consideration of Municipal Consent for the Highway 53 Reconstruction Project (Council action)
- Set timeline for review and approval process of proposed Comprehensive Plan (Council action)
- Backpay for paramedics
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Police Monthly Report, August 2019 (Council information)
- Fire/Rescue/EMS Monthly Report, August 2019 (Council information)
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
• Minnesota Dept. of Health - Waterline News, Service Connection Fee to Increase January l, 2020
International Falls Public Library Board of Trustees September 1 1, 2019 Meeting Agenda, August 14, 2019 Minutes, and September 2019 Director's Report
• East Koochiching Sanitary Sewer District - Smoke Testing Notice effective Sept. 16, 2019
- CareerForce Open House, RRCC, 11:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m., Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Next special City Council meeting is Monday, September 23, 2019 at 5:00 P.M.
- Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, October 7, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.