City Council Meeting for Monday, July 1st, at 4:30PM
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, July 1, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL To ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS To THE AGENDA (onlv by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Minutes of the Monday, June 10, 2019 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
2. Minutes of the Monday, June 17, 2019 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
3. Minutes of the Monday, June 17, 2019 Regular City Council meeting (Council action)
4. Minutes of the Monday, June 24, 2019 Special City Council meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -19, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comrnents to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES) OLD BUSINESS
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
1. Approve/allow necessary expenses for City Attorney Shermoen to attend the 2019 Criminal Justice Institute in Minneapolis on September I I & 12, 2019
2. Approve/allow necessary expenses for Public Works employee Justin Mostad to attend the University of
Minnesota LTAP Motor Grader Operator Training in Brandon, MN on July 29 & 30, 2019
3. Accept the following donations to the July 4th Commission for the 2019 July 4th Celebration:
a. Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), Post 2948 - $500
b. Boise White Paper, LLC - $2,500
Authorize letter of support for the 2019 BUILD Discretionary Grant application for Koochiching County to construct a Bridge Overpass at the CSAH 24 (Van Lynn Road)/CN Rail Crossing (Council action)
Accept/approve Memorial Park Bench Application from Roberta Brown (Council action)
Authorize City Attorney to file Order with District Court for ICO Building, Highway 11/71 , Kelly Meyers (Council action)
Authorize City Attorney to file Order with District Court for 1531 2nd Avenue E, Kelly Meyers (Council action)
Authorize City Attorney to file Order with District Court for 723 9th Street, Kelly Meyers (Council action)
Consider proposed revisions to Building Demolition Policy (Council action)
Consider Committee-of-the-Whole recommendations (Council action)
Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
1. Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
2. Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
• May 22, 2019 International Falls-Koochiching County Airport Commission meeting minutes
1. July 3 & 4, 2019 booths, beer garden, dance, concerts, parade, fireworks and festivities celebrating Independence Day
2. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, July 15, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.