City Council Meeting for Monday, June 3rd, at 4:30PM
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, June 3, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Minutes of the Monday, May 20, 2019 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
2. Minutes of the Tuesday, May 21, 2019 Public Hearing for Municipal Consent on the U.S. Highway 53 Reconstruction Project by MnDOT (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -19, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
1. Authorize travel and work expenses for the Street Commissioner to attend WSN offices in Alexandria, MN on June 12 and 13, 2019
1. Discuss Midcontinent Communications (MIDCO) letter received May 22, 2019 regarding the recent elimination of Canadian station CBC from Winnipeg, Manitoba (Council information/action)
2. Approve engagement letter from Van Iwaarden to provide GASB 75 Services for the City of International Falls (Council action)
3. Acknowledge resignation of Calvin Turban, Maintenance Worker I, with last day of employment May
31, 2019 and authorize hire at the discretion of the Public Works Dept. supervisors (Council action)
4. Schedule Committee-of-the-Whole meeting at 3:00 P.M. on Monday, June 17, 2019, to hear 2018 Financial Statement audit findings from Schlenner Wenner & Co. (Council action)
5. Vendor approvals for Concert in the Park events on Wednesdays at Smokey Bear Park.
Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
1. Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
a. Fire/Rescue/EMS Monthly Report, May 2019 (Council information)
2. Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
• April 15, 2019 — International Falls, Rainy Lake, and Ranier Convention and Visitors Bureau Board of Directors Meeting Minutes, April 2019 Marketing Report, Director's Report and Financial Reports
Image April 22, 2019 — International Falls-Koochiching County Airport Commission Meeting Minutes
1. Special City Council meeting scheduled for Monday, June 10, 2019 at 4:30 P.M. in the City Council Chambers
2. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, June 17, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.