City Council Meeting for Monday, April 1st, at 4:30PM
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, April 1, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE To THE FLAG CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the Monday, March 18, 2019 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, March 25, 2019 Town Hall meeting on recreation (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Authorize down payment of $4,108.50 and signatures for the Conditional Sales Agreement with Small Town Tech, Inc. per the approved proposal to install Audio/Visual Equipment in the Council Chambers (Council action)
- Adopt Resolution No. -19, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
- First Reading and public hearing for Right-of-Way Ordinance (Council/public information/action)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
- Agreement with International Falls Recreation Hockey dated June 1, 1998 (Council information)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Approve renewal contract with the Sand Creek Group for Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services effective 2019, and authorize signatures.
- Authorize travel and training expenses for Council to attend the League of Minnesota Cities Annual Conference June 26-28, 2019 in Duluth, MN
Consider request from Servants for Shelter for a letter of support, Ariana Daniel, Executive Director, Servants for Shelter (Council action)
Consider request to use Smokey Bear Park during the annual mill outage scheduled for April 26 May 5, 2019 — Cater for You, LLC - Jennifer Gustafson (Council action)
Approve Resolution No. _-19 application and permit for a 1 day to 4 day temporary on-sale liquor license for Knights of Columbus Council 1540 in connection with the St Thomas School Silent Auction on Saturday, May 1 8, 2019 (Council action)
Consider adopting Strategic Action Plan for 2019/2020 (Council action)
Approve Mayor's appointment of Councilor Joe Krause to the Forest Hill Cemetery Association Board (Council action)
Approve Fire Dept. request to purchase a TFT Blitzfire Oscillating Monitor with Nozzle and truck mount from Alex Air Apparatus for $4,239 payable from Fire Capital Outlay and General Supplies, 10141200-5600 and 2100 (Council action)
Approve Paul Bunyan Drug Task Force Agreement (Council action)
Retirement of Captain Thomas Lynch from the International Falls Police Department after 30 years of service effective April 30, 2019 with last day of work on April 12, 2019 (Council information)
Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
- February 18, 2019 Convention and Visitors Bureau Meeting Minutes, and February 2019 CVB Director Report and CVB Marketing Committee Notes
- February 25, 2019 — International Falls-Koochiching County Airport Commission meeting minutes
1. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, April 15, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.