City Council Meeting for Monday, March 4th, at 4:30PM
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, March 4, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (onlv by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
l . Minutes of the Tuesday, February 19, 2019 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -19, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Resolution No. -19 approving Census 2020 Planning Committee (Council action)
- Resolution No. -19 approving application for exempt permit for the MN Deer Hunters Association, Trails End Chapter to conduct a raffle with the drawing to be held April 5, 2019 at the Backus Community Center (Council action)
- Fire Civil Service Commission appointment of Jesse Besch to Captain and accept resignation of Eric Norstad due to relocation (Council information)
- Fire Civil Service Commission - Fire Chief present Firefighter's on eligibility roster for appointment by City Council (Council action)
- Minnesota House — Property and Local Tax Division legislative hearing of February 25, 2019 on H.F. 0144, Sales and Use Tax for International Falls, Author Rep. Rob Ecklund (Council information)
- Discuss Recreation Hockey agreement scheduled to terminate April 2019 (Council information)
- Approve the expenditure of $400.00 for Court and filing fees for District Court on Blight cases.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
a. Police Monthly Report, 2019 (Council information)
b. Fire/Rescue/EMS Monthly Report, February 2019 (Council information)
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
January 23, 2019 — International Falls-Koochiching County Airport Commission meeting minutes e January 21, 2019 Convention and Visitors Bureau Meeting Minutes, and January 2019 CVB Director
Report and CVB Marketing Committee Notes
1. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, March 18, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except 1) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.