City Council Meeting for Monday, February 4th, 2019
City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting
4:30 P.M., Monday, February 4, 2019
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the Friday, January 18, 2019 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Tuesday, January 22, 2019 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes ofthe Thursday, January 24, 2019 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -19, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
- Year 2019 license renewal
- Approve staff assistance and use of City Beach for Triathlon event at 8:00 A.M. on Saturday, August 10, 2019, Ashley Hall (Council action)
- Consider Resolution No. -19 Approving Master Partnership Contract Number 1028592 with the State of Minnesota, Department of Transportation and authorize signatures (Council action)
- Approve purchase of two 2019/2020 Police Interceptor SUV's for a total fee not to exceed $72,000 based upon State bid pricing, payable from Police Dept. capital outlay (Council action)
- Public Works and Infrastructure Committee recommendations (Council action):
- Purchase a Telescopic Boom Lift, 2019 Model 460SJ, from United Rentals at the low quote price of $75,042, payable from Public Works capital outlay.
- Purchase a Liftmoore Electric Crane to be mounted to existing I-Ton flatbed truck from Berts Truck Equipment of Moorhead at the low quote price of $ 16,322, payable from Public Works capital outlay
- Authorize expenditure of $3,500 payable to Koochiching County Highway Dept. for their purchase of a Scanner/Plotter/Printer for shared County and City use, payable from Street, Water, and Sewer Depts. Automation line item.
- Recommend not placing traffic control signs at 6th Ave./5th St. intersection, but monitor traffic conditions and accident history (no higher number of accidents than other uncontrolled intersections).
- Renew Frontier Services Agreement for a three-year service term for phone system Software Assurance/ Support (no Maintenance Services) at a total pre-paid cost of $508.12 and authorize signatures (Council action)
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Police Department Annual Report 2018 (Council information)
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE - OPEN FORUM
• January 21, 2019 - CVB December 17, 2018 Minutes, Monthly Marketing Report, and Director's Report • January 30, 2019 - Letter from NKASD Executive Director on 2019 Rate and Surcharge Assessment
1. * *Next regular City Council meeting is Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 4:30 P.M.
* *Note, date changed due to President's Day holiday
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except l) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of International Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.