City Council Meeting for Monday, December 17th, 2018
The city of International Falls held its regular city council meeting yesterday afternoon at 4:30 Monday, December 17th, 2018 in the council chambers, 600 4th Street.
Approval of Minutes
1. Minutes of Monday, December 3rd, 2018 regular city council meeting.
2. Minutes of Monday, December 3rd, 2018 truth in taxation public hearing and input meeting.
1. Approve resolution approving the City of International Falls, Minnesota, 2019 budget and property tax levy collectible in 2019.
1. Approve Kerry Park arena lease for Jordan Walls wedding reception on July 27th, 2019, and authorized signatures.
2. Approve agreement between the City of International Falls and the citizens of Backus/AB, Incorporated.
3. Approved Professional and Technical Services contract amendment number one with State of Minnesota for the chemical assessment team and authorized signatures .
4. Resolution to approve designation of polling places for 2019.
5. Approval of year 2019 license renewed applications, as presented.
1. Request approval 2019 license renewal include tobacco and or liquor applications, as presented .
2. Approve City support activities for the 15th annual Arrowhead Ultra 135 scheduled for January 28th, 2019, Jackie and Ken Krueger.
3. Consider memorandum of understanding with International Union of Operating Engineers, local 49 to adjust employee contributions to Central pension fund effective January 1, 2019.
4. Consider memorandum of understanding with International Union of Operating Engineers, local 49 to adjust contract terms to allow employee time off for public office meetings.
5. Approve resolution approving application to conduct off-site gambling for the International Falls Recreation Hockey Association to conduct a raffle at Kerry Park Arena on March 17th, 2019.
6. Approve unpaid leave of absence for Parryn Hedlund, Police Officer, during second term as Sheriff pursuant to Minnesota statute 3.088 .
7. Resolution to approve request for the Fire Relief Association to increase the pension amount per year of service from $3,300 to $3,600.
8. Letter of support for Tom Parish to State Advisory Council on Mental Health.
City Council had presentations to out-going City Council members after their last Council Meeting. CouncilWoman Cynthia Jaksa, and Councilman Brian Briggs.
1. Next regular city council meeting is Monday, January 7th, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
2. City offices closed half a day Monday, December 24th on Tuesday, December 25th, two 18 for Christmas Eve and Christmas holidays .
3. City offices closed Tuesday, January 1, 2019 and Monday, January 21st, 2019 for New Year's Day and Martin Luther King Day holidays .