International Falls City Council Meeting for Monday, October 15th, 2018
The International Falls City Council held their regular City Council meeting at 4:30 p.m. Monday October 15th, 2018 in the Council Chambers, 600 4th Street .
There was an audience participation open forum and a concerned citizen spoke about the blight issues in International Falls .
1. First reading of ordinance, fifth series, an ordinance amending the code of ordinances, chapter 3, section 3-5 (b) and (h) to establish a requirement for water and sewer bills to be in the property owner's name .
2. Second and final reading of ordinance, fifth series, an ordinance amending the code of ordinances, section 9-20, calendar parking, to amend the time of Change hours .
Approval of Year 2019 license renewal applications as presented.
1. Mayoral Proclamation establishing October 2018 as domestic violence Awareness Month.
2. Resolution number - 18 application and permit or a 1 to 4 day temporary on sale liquor license koochiching aging options November 30th, 2018 at the Backus Community Center .
3. Approve resolution number - 18 approving application and permit for a 1 to 4 day temporary on sale liquor license OctoberFest, October 19th, 2018 at Bob Walls Memorial Union Hall, VFW Club, Graham, #2948 .
4. Request approval of year 2019 license renewal that may include tobacco and or liquor applications, as presented .
5. Appoint Dustin Helgeson as part-time Police Officer effective October 16th, 2018 .
6. Approve resolution number - 18, PERA declaration for Dustin Helgeson .
7. Consider easement agreement with Koochiching County for gate Security Fence, and use of portion of City of International Falls property adjacent to transfer site, Steve Sherman .
8. Approve 2019 renewal of life insurance policy with Sun Life with no change in rate schedule .
9. Approve 2019 long term disability insurance policy from the Hartford as proposed .
10. Set permanent office hours for the Administration and Building Inspection Department to 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. to noon on Fridays .
11. Appoint candidate to Information Systems administrator position effective November 1, 2018 per attached terms.
The next regular meeting of the International Falls City Council will be on Monday, November 5th, 2018.