International Falls City Council Meeting September 4th, 2018.
The city of International Falls held its regular City Council meeting yesterday at 4:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers 600 4th Street .
First reading of ordinance amending the city code, chapter 2, section 2-52, by deleting residency requirements for police department personnel and temporary ambulance attendance .
1. Update on 5K Suicide Awareness Run fundraising event September 20th, 2018, CBP officer Susan Bannert, Ken Anderson .
2. Advertisement for part-time Administrative Assistant in the police department .
3. Advertisement for full time information service administrator .
1. Mayoral proclamation of national rail safety week, September 23-29, 2018 .
2. Resolution approving application for Exempt Permit for the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association, Trails End Chapter to conduct a raffle on Thursday, October 11th, 2018 with the drawing to be held at the Elks Lodge #1599 .
3. Authorized police Civil Service Commission to establish a list of eligible for patrol officer .
4. Approved 2019 volunteer assistance matching Grant of $2,500 from the Minnesota DNR for fire department assistance to suppress Wildland fires and authorized signatures .
5. Authorized submitting Grant application to the State Fire Marshal for turnout gear washer/extractor/dryer program, 10% local matching funds, and authorized signatures .
6. Authorized the mayor to send a letter of disappointment to the Minnesota Historical Society for the Grand Mound meeting scheduled in Minneapolis on September 21, 2018 .
The next regular meeting of the International Falls City Council will be Monday, September 17th, 2018 at 4:30PM