City Council Meeting for Monday, August 6th, at 4:30PM
The International Falls city council held its regular meeting 4:30 p.m. Monday August 6th 2018 in the council chambers at 600 4th Street .
Under public hearing first reading of an ordinance V in series, an ordinance of the city of International Falls, Minnesota, annexing land located in koochiching County, Minnesota, pursuant to Minnesota statute for 14033, subdivision 2 .
1. Authorized registration, lodging, and travel expenses for Counselor Droba to attend the border to border Broadband: transforming Minnesota program, October 23rd - 24th, 2018 at Madden's on Gull Lake, Minnesota .
2. Approve/allow necessary expenses for two administrative staff to attend the Civic systems, 18th Annual Symposium, September 13-14, 2018 in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin.
3. Resolution to approve public employees retirement Association spare firefighter engineer declaration for Adrian Lucy's membership into the public employees police and fire plan .
4. Confirm approval of ordinance number 24, 5th series, an ordinance amending the home Rule Charter in section 108 - 110, 111, 113 - 117, 121 - 123, and 134 to be effective 90 days after publication .
5. Resolution to approve application to conduct off-site gambling for Ranier Recreation Club on August 21st, 2018 at the Elks Lodge, 215 3rd Street, International Falls.
6. Resolution to approve application to conduct off-site gambling for Ranier Recreation Club on September 14th, 2018 at the Elks Lodge 215 3rd Street, International Falls .
New business .
1. Approve use of Smokey Bear Park on August 15th, 2018 in recognition of Princess for a day .
2. Approve use of Smokey Bear park at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 18th, 2018 for movie in the park fundraiser for the fire, rescue, EMS Department .
3. Approve International Falls Figure Skating club request to conduct a Monster Dash 5K run at 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 6th, 2018, Tina Sather .
4. Consider resolution approving a sales tax and authorizing a referendum question at the November 6th, 2018 general election .
5. Consider resolution to the board of directors of the North koochiching Area Sanitary District pertaining to ownership of the Wastewater system .
6. Approve orders to file in District Court, 9th Judicial District, as follows.
a. Matter of hazardous house owned by Kim R. Creed located at 516 9th Street, International Falls.
b. Matter of hazardous house owned by Tyler Lee Steinberg located at 2031 3rd Avenue East, International Falls.
c. Matter of hazardous house owned by Tony Pulllar located at 301 Memorial Drive, International Falls.
7. Authorized the City attorney to proceed with blight enforcement at the following properties and approve orders to file in District Court, 9th Judicial District.
a. Maxine McEldowney, 1621 1st Avenue West.
b. Randy and Terry-Jeanne Sawyer 1618 3rd Avenue West.
8. Consider letter of intercept agreement between the Littlefork Ambulance service and the International Falls Ambulance Service .
9. Consider purchase of one Hamilton T1 ventilator package for $16,446.26 and four medsystem 3 infusion pumps, equipment, and services from the med one equipment services for $12,530 per proposal, payable from the ambulance department capital outlay.
10. Consider revisions to the Joint Powers agreement Recreation Commission and authorized signatures agreement for athletic director.
11. Human resource committee recommendation resolution holiday pay for emergency medical technicians lead on call Firefighters on July 4th September 1, 2018.
12. Budget and finance committee recommendation naming the contingent fund a standard expenditure reimbursement account and setting annual reimbursement amount effective January 1, 2019.
13. a. Consider Public Works committee recommendations. approve designating home Lane a school zone and installing signs with reduced 20 mph speed limit between 14th Avenue and 11th Street.
b. Approve purchase of advanced metering infrastructure from Core and Mane for a fee not to exceed $65,000 per proposal, cost payable from water sewer fund capital outlay.
14. Approve establishment of dog park committee and mayor appointment of volunteer members.
15. Approve appointment of Michelle Rasmussen as casual paramedic with the International Falls fire rescue EMS Department effective August 7th, 2018.
16. Grant permission for midco second feed and origination point in the Backus Community Center Auditorium and relinquish right to install feed at the municipal building, Cynthia Jackaw.