City Council Meeting for Monday, July 16th, 2018.
The International Falls city council held its regular council meeting yesterday at 4:30 p.m. in the council chambers at 600 4th Street .
Under public hearings .
1. Second reading and approval of ordinance fifth series, an ordinance to amend the home Rule Charter in sections 08 - 110, 111, 113 - 117, 121 - 123, and 134 to be effective 90 days after publication.
2. Second reading and approval, fifth series, an ordinance repealing ordinance number 1.25 and number 71, second series, and amending establish rules governing the special police benefit fund.
3. First reading of ordinance fifth series, ordering annexation into the city of International Falls the city-owned properties and private property owners consenting to annexation .
Under old business .
1. remove from the table - consider local contractor assistance and or agreement with CGI Communications, Inc. To prepare an approved, no cost Community video program available for viewer access for 3 years from a link on our website, and authorize signatures.
New business .
1. Approve election judges for the August 14th, 2018 primary election and November 6th, 2018 general election .
2. Resolution to approve application for a 1 to 4 day temporary on sale liquor license for BPO Elks Lodge Number 15994 August 18th, 2018 for their annual corn and Brat feed .
3. Authorized the City attorney to proceed with blight enforcement at the following properties.
a. Kim R. Creed, 516 9th Street, parcel number 92 - 0 0 7 - 71200.
b. Tyler Leigh Steinberg, 2031 3rd Avenue East, parcel number 92- 112 - 03120.
c. Tony polar, 301 Memorial Drive, parcel number 92 - 101 - 00362 .
4. Consider subscription agreement with Aladtech for online employee scheduling program with optional time clock system for ambulance service use at a cost of $2,495 per year plus $1 per year user, per month payable from 201 - 42010 - 3090, and terminate Firehouse program at year end .
5. Approve appointment of Kevin Zook and Miranda challen as EMTs pending background check and normal hiring procedures .
6. Authorized letter of support for kootasca Community Action/ Backus Community Center submittal for Minnesota Housing Partnership technical assistance to rehabilitate the A/B building.
7. Authorized letter of support for koochiching countys application for Federal grant funds to construct a potential overpass at CR 24 van Lynn Road and the CN RR tracks and or extending the East End of cr24 to th11 near the Rainy Lake One Stop .
8. Resolution approving 2018 wage and benefit adjustment for NonUnion Personnel recommended by the budget and finance committee .
9. Consider human resource committee recommendations 5/16, 2018 meeting .
a. change in office hours in the administration department 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to noon on Fridays for trial basis effective through October 2018.
The next regular City Council meeting will be on Monday, August 6th, 2018 at 4:30pm.