The city of International Falls City Council regular meeting was held at 4:30
The city of International Falls City Council regular meeting was held at 4:30 in the afternoon Monday April 2nd 2018 in the council chambers at 600 4th Street.
Under Old business
1. approve second and final reading of contract ordinance 964, approvong the lowest responsible bid for the Ninth Avenue street reconstruction 11th Street to 17th Street, to Bowman asphalt products top rated. In the amount of $766,335 and authorized signatures.
2. Approve second and final reading of contract ordinance 965, approving the lowest responsible bid for the Crescent Drive improvements, Memorial Drive to and including Cul De Sac to Wagner Construction inc.in the amount of $718,723.75 and authorized signature .
3. Remove from table approve resolution, approving the International Falls Bass Championship application and permit for a one-day to 4 day temporary on sale liquor license for the annual International Falls bass championship tournament held August 23rd to 25th 2018 Smokey Bear Park, 600 3rd Street, International Falls .
1. Year 2018 City license for Mickey DBA 0H 4 sweet catering itinerant restaurant .
2. approved travel and training expenses for Council and supervisors to attend the League of Minnesota cities 2018 annual conference 20th to the 22nd 2018 in St Cloud Mn .
3. Approved employee assistant agreement between the Sand Creek Group limited and the City of International Falls effective March 15th, 2018 to March 14th, 2020 and authorized signatures .
1. authorized signatures to the Minnesota Department of Human Services stations for inter-governmental transfers and supplemental payments form .
2. approve appointment of 2018 Camp Hosts for City Beach .
3. Consider Public Works and infrastructure committee recommendations .
a. Greg and Karen Miels prorate the water and sewer charges for the month of February to $7.89 versus the minimum charge of $47.31 .
b. Perry Mettler frozen water line at 1801 3rd Avenue Reduce sewer charge by $500 since no water entered the sanitary sewer .
c. Kim Creed frozen water line at 1312 7th Avenue Reduce charge by $1183.58 since no water enterd the sanitary sewer .
d. authorized public works department to expend funds from the permanent Improvement the water main to horizontal directional Drill (HDD) the alley north of 3rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue; Main Avenue between 21st and 22nd Street; 2nd Avenue between 1st Avenue East to 2nd Avenue East; and Hwy 53 between 17th and 20th Street to replace or install new water main for looping purposes .
e. Approve adjusted purchase price of $168,471.88 for the 710 L backhoe loader from Nortrax Incorporated due to the loss of the transmission in the trade-in backhoe with trade-in value loss of $8,500
The Next regular City Council Meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 16th, 2018 at 4:30pm.