City of International Falls - City Council Regular Meeting Monday, Mar 5, 2018
The city of International Falls held its regular city council meeting at 4:30 p.m. in the council chambers at 600 4th Street .
The consent agenda allows the city council to take action on routine Matters by one motion that shall not be debated and she'll be adopted by unanimous vote of those present . Any individual council member May remove an item from the consent agenda for discussion on the regular agenda .
1. Approved training and travel expenses for Adam Hansen to attend the 2018 Fire officer and training Officer school in Duluth Minnesota on March 16th to 18th 2018 .
2. Approve travel expenses for elected official to attend the 2018 legislative conference for cities in St Paul Minnesota on March 21 thru 22nd 2018 .
3. Approve travel and training expenses for City administrator to attend the MCMA education conference in Nisswa, Minnesota on May 2 thru 4, 2018 .
1. Presentation for autism walk on Saturday, April 7th, 2018, Alex and Jennifer Hill .
2. Donation from Diane Matthews and Friends a Wag N 02 Fur Life Kit for domestic animal emergency first aid use by the Fire/Rescue/EMS Department .
3. Approved police chief's recommendation to accept with appreciation the resignation and retirement of Sergeant Terry Christie effective March 27th, 2018 .
4. Approve police chief's recommendation to appoint Griffin Offerdahl a position of full-time patrol officer March 27th, 2018 .
5. Police chief's appointment of patrol officer Grant DeBenedet to rank of Sergeant effective March 27th, 2018 .
6. Accept the resignation and retirement of Kevin Jensen with appreciation for service, effective the end of day on May 4th, 2018, and authorize posting for the vacancy .
Next regular city council meeting is Monday, March 19th, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.